Fire Prevention In Our Schools & In Our Homes
Click on any of the links below for fun activities and resources.
- The Danger Rangers are on a mission to reduce preventable child injury by empowering kids and their parents with practical safety information. Play games, do activities and more at this great site for children of all ages.
- From our friends at PBS Kids, join Arthur as he learns about fire safety! Watch videos, play games and read fire safety tips from Arthur and his friends.
- Hey, kids! Have fun playing AWESOME games all about fire safety. Download a coloring book or a poster. Try out a word search, then test your knowledge about fire safety with a danger challege or safety quiz. Have fun and learn too!
- Come hang out with Sparky the Firedog at his website! Games, activities, and plenty of other cool stuff are here. Check it out! Parents and educators can see even more stuff about fire safety from Sparky.
- Help McGruff the Crime Dog spot potential fire hazards inside his home. Brought to your by McGruff and the Milstein Child Safety Center.
- Follow this link to go the kids area of firesafety.org. Learn about home fire safety and smoke alarms, as well as play games like Word Seach, Matching Game and Hazard House. You can also become a Jr. Fire Marshal!
- Who says you can’t have fun and learn at the same time? This 20-page coloring book – brought to you by Liberty Mutual Insurance, the NFPA and FEMA – is designed to teach kids that firefighters are their friends!
- Think you know everything about fire safety? PROVE IT by taking the Fire Marshal Callenge. This “Jeopardy-Style” game is brough to you by the office of the Minnesota State Fire Marshal’s Office. Take the challenge and check your score against others!
- Test your fire knowledge with this Fire Safety Crossword Puzzle. This puzzle is suitable for children ages 12 and above. Brought to you by Staywise.co.uk
- This great game allows your to color your own firetruck on your computer, then print it out and show it off! Brought to you by Staywise.co.uk
- A variety of educational videos from the National Fire Protection Agency are available via YouTube. Videos include topics such as Kitchen Safety, Scalds and Burns, Firefighters in Action, Fire Prevention Ideas, Christmas and Fireworks Safety and More!
- Do YOUR part to help educate your friends and family about the importance of Fire Safety! Send them a Sparky the Firedog E-Card with tips on fire safety, Halloween safety and more! Sparky E-Cards brought to you by sparkycards.org.
- Click here for games, stories, character information and fire safety advice from Fireman Sam and his friends at the Pontpandy Fire Station! Brough to you by HIT Entertainment.
- This fire safety for kids infographic was made to keep your children safe from fire. It was made with the purpose of teaching kids and parents how to prevent fire how to prepare against a fire and what to do in case a fire breaks out. We encourage everyone to be aware of its content.
- At FireFacts.org, parents will find info that can help you to make your home safer. Teachers will find the makings of a valuable resource that will provide you with tools needed to teach fire safety. Students will find fun games and activities about fire safety.
- Parents need to remember to PRACTICE FIRE SAFETY EVERY DAY. Download this room-by-room checklist to prevent fires before they start. Go over the checklist with your entire family and become “Fire Smart”! Brought to you by Liberty Mutual.
Do you have a Fire Escape Plan? Download One!
- EVERY family should have a fire escape plan and practice it at least TWICE a year. Download this FEMA grid (pdf) to draw your own escape plan with two escape routes and your meeting spot!