PUBLIC SERVICES TECHNICIAN (PST)
The City of Norwood Young America is accepting applications for a Public Services Technician (PST). This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Regular hours are Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm and includes a rotating weekend every seven weeks. Responsibilities include:
- Operates a variety of heavy, medium, and light equipment: loader, skid-steer, tractor, snow plow, roller, backhoe, plow truck, dump truck, pick-up, and riding mower.
- Inspects and performs basic preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Street Maintenance: patching and crack filling, cleaning/repairing storm sewers, snowplowing and removal, ice control, mowing and trimming ditches, curb and gutter maintenance, signs, signal lights, holiday lights and banners.
- Park & Building Maintenance/Janitorial: lawn mowing and trimming, weed spraying, turf management, pool, park shelters, building maintenance tasks, carpentry, painting, basic plumbing/electrical, cleaning, emptying and hauling recyclables, and planting/maintaining trees and/or flowers.
- Water and Sewer: assists in maintaining water and waste water treatment plants, manholes, lift stations, hydrants, and water towers.
Below are links to the job description, employment application, and benefit information. If you have questions, call Kelly at 952/467-1807 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 4:00pm on Monday, September 17, 2018.
Planning Commissioner Opening
Parks & Recreation Commission Opening
There is one opening on the Planning Commission. Meetings are held the first Tuesday of the month at 6:00pm.
There is one opening on the Parks & Recreation Commission. Meetings are held the third Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm.Commission Application (pdf)