Public Service Utilities Lead – Water and Sewer
City of Norwood Young America
Public Service Utilities Lead-Water and Sewer: The Public Service Utilities Lead-Water and Sewerperforms technical, skilled, and manual work in the Public Service Utilities Department. This position is the backup to the Public Service Director when he/she is unavailable. The Public Services Department includes the following areas: streets, parks, water, sewer, pool, cemetery, and building maintenance/janitorial.
• Direct and manage operations in the Public Service Utilities Department, including daily tasks
• Manages Treatment Plants—maintains water treatment plant and wastewater treatment plants; manages lift stations and manholes; maintains city hydrants and water tower; reads and maintains water meters; completes and submits required monthly and annual reports for treatment plants
• Supervises the Public Service Utilities Department in the absence of the Public Service Director
• Operates heavy and light equipment—operates equipment such as truck, payloader, snow plow,
skid steer, ATV, dump truck, tractor, backhoe, roller, and lawnmower; inspects and performs
essential preventive maintenance on equipment
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Public Service Director or his
• Safety coordinator
• High school degree or equivalent
• Valid Minnesota Class A Commercial Driver’s License
• Experience with heavy equipment and tools
• Class C Water License
• Class B Waste Water License
• Five years of experience in Public Services or a similar field
• Ability to obtain a Type 4 Biosolids Certificate within one year
The 2024 salary range is $35.94 to $48.99 per hour, based on qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and an official City of Norwood Young America application by noon on Tuesday, December 29, 2023, to Andrea Aukrust, City Administrator, at email@example.com. For a complete job description and application, please visit our website: www.cityofnya.com. The position will remain open until the desired applicant is found.
The City of Norwood Young America is an equal opportunity employer.